Are you outgoing and customer-focused? Do you enjoy working with the public? If you answered yes to these questions, working for a State Farm independent contractor agent may be the career for you! State Farm agents are independent contractors that market State Farm insurance and financial services products.
This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs required by the agent.
Competencies Expected for This Role
Enthusiastic and motivated to assist customers with insurance and financial services to help them manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
Additional Desired Abilities/Competencies
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive in problem solving
- Ethical and Honest
- Must have applicable license or must obtain applicable licensing requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Achieve mutually agreed upon marketing goals
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
- Spanish preferred
This position will be with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company ("State Farm"). Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs required for the position sought. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm.