Chamber Seeks Award Nominations
As 2019 comes to a close, it's a great time to recognize those individuals and businesses who've made a big impact through their works and accomplishments this year. We are currently accepting nominations for the annual Chamber Awards to be presented at the Evening of Accolades Banquet on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel.
Please send us your nominations no later than 3 p.m. Friday, November 8, 2019. Self nominations are accepted. Three nominee finalists for each award will be announced later this month and will receive special recognition at the Accolades.
NOMINATION FORM (click link)
AWARD & NOMINATION CRITERIA
- Business of the Year - Presented to a business with more than 25 employees with an established history in the area that has achieved or accomplished substantial business-oriented goals or objectives, or has made significant contributions to community-oriented projects through its voluntary efforts. Results may show: Growth in employee numbers, Increase in sales and/or unit volume; Innovation of product or service offered; Response to adversity; Contribution of personal time and resources to the community.
- Vision Award for Outstanding Small Business - Presented to a business with fewer than 25 employees that is at least two years old and that has achieved an outstanding pattern of growth, or been innovative in its products or services offered, that demonstrates integrity in its business practices and exhibits an active commitment to the Chamber and the community it serves.
- Outstanding New Member - Presented to a business who joined the chamber between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019 who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the Chamber and or the community through their leadership and voluntary participation in chamber events and programs.
- Leadership In Action - Presented to an individual who is a graduate of Leadership Northwest (or Leadership Bethany) for their service in working in a volunteer leadership capacity with a local non-profit organization in our community.
- Outstanding Young Professional - Presented to an individual who demonstrates leadership and commitment as an active member of OKCYP and works for a Chamber member business.
All nominees must be financially current members of the Chamber. Previous recipients award are may be eligible for the same award no sooner than 10 years after previous recognition.
If you are unsure if a business qualifies under some aspect of the criteria, please submit their nomination regardless and we will verify it.
Additional individuals will be recognized are: Ambassador of the Year, Outstanding Volunteer, Chairman's Award, and the Hall of Honor.
Recent Recipients of "Business of the Year":
2018 - First Fidelity Bank
2017 - The Children's Center Rehabilitation Hospital
2016 - First Enterprise Bank
2015 - Francis Tuttle Technology Center
2014 - Conventions & More
2013 - Allegiance Credit Union
2012 - Oklahoma Fidelity Bank
2011 - Deaconess Hospital